Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hierarchy

Hierarchy. This term is ubiquitous in day to day language.The society can not exist when there is no class of differentiated people within it.That is what I have always thought of the proper use of this word in any context.
After reading the Electronic text chapter of the Norton Field guide to writing with reading, it immediately crossed my mind that not only society but the technology has a specific order in tham to make them look better.
In other words, I have always thought of the term hierarchy as the existence of different group of people. I have always thought that it has a negative connotation.
However,coming across this word in the context of my writing book, I pointed out that it has a great value in Electronic texts. A hierarchical design groups realated Web pages in the same way an outline organizes related topics in an essay.
Thus,use a hiararchy to guide readers through complex information allowing them to choose what to read within categories.

No comments:

Post a Comment